Secret Garden Party 2023 Terms & Conditions of Sale & Entry
- The Secret Garden Party (also referred to below as the “festival”) is owned and operated by Backwoodsman Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05444101 at The Estate Office, Grange Farm, Abbots Ripton, Huntingdon PE28 2PH. Where we talk about ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ within these Terms & Conditions, we are referring to Backwoodsman Limited.
- All tickets are non-transferable (save in accordance with any official resale which may be offered by us at a later date) and non-refundable under any circumstances other than the cancellation of the event. In the event of a cancellation of the event, the full value of the ticket less any booking and transaction fees will be refunded to your original payment method. Adverse weather conditions and curtailment of the event willnot warrant a refund of tickets. Refunds must be requested from email@example.com no later than three months following the cancellation of the event.
- Tickets are only valid when purchased from www.secretgardenparty.com or won through a competition authorised by us in writing. Tickets purchased from other sources will be refused admission.
- Where a ticket has been obtained in breach of clauses 3 or 4 of these terms the ticket may be confiscated and there will be no obligation on us to refund the ticket. We may also refuse entry to any person presenting such ticket or remove them from the festival without notice.
- Ticket sales will be restricted to a maximum number of 2 per order in the pre-sale (for those who downloaded the Secret Garden Party film prior to 24 July 2022) and 4 per order in the main sale (for those who pre-registered for Secret Garden Party 2023 tickets prior to 19 October 2022).
- The full balance for tickets secured under the payment instalment plan is due by 23:59 on 14 May 2023. If the full ticket balance is not paid by the applicable deadline, no refunds will be made other than in the event of the cancellation of the Festival.
- If you are paying in a currency which is different to Great British Pounds (GBP), any payment and instalments you make towards the booking will be converted based on the exchange rate at the time you make the payment (which may differ from the exchange rate at the time of your booking).
- On rare occasions, we may have to cancel your booking and reserve the right to do so. In such circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible and provide you with a full refund of any payments made (less any transaction and processing fees that have been incurred).
- We reserve the right to refuse admission in any circumstances and/or evict any person or people from the festival site, without refund, in order to facilitate the safety, security and comfort of our guests and/or due to behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury and/or for any breach of these terms.
- Searching is a condition of entry: you may be searched in the car parks, at the entrance to the festival or within the event itself. Any items which may be used in an illegal or dangerous manner may be confiscated without liability to you.
- You are advised to check our website and pre-event arrival information to confirm the gate opening times. Ticketholders will not be admitted entry to the event outside these times.
- Admission is at the ticketholder’s own risk. We will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, save for losses which cannot by law be excluded or limited (for example in cases of our fraud or involving death, injury or illness where we have caused such damage with negligence). Any personal property brought to the festival is at your own risk. If you have any complaint or claim, you must raise this with us in writing within 30 days of the end of the event.
- The artist and performer line-up and any billed venues or attractions are subject to change at any time without notice and access to any venue or performance may be restricted. We will not refund tickets following a change in line-up.
- Any person taking or making (or attempting to take or make) any photograph, film, sound recording or broadcast of anything within the festival for commercial gain without our express prior written permission may be removed from the event.
- Commercial, promotional and trading activities (including influencer marketing and paid for social media posts) are not permitted at the festival without our express prior written permission.
- As a condition of sale, the ticket holder consents to being filmed, photographed and recorded for communication to the public in any medium, including for marketing purposes, and/or by CCTV cameras operated by us or on our behalf for public safety and security purposes.
- Wristbands removed from the wrist or otherwise tampered with will be invalid. Lost wristbands will not be replaced. Anyone without a wristband may be removed from the festival site.
- No admission to the festival shall be granted to attendees under the age of 18, save in the circumstances of the children of working crew members who accept full responsibility at all times for those under 18 attending under their supervision.
- Cars, caravans and campervans require a separate ticket. Please see our ticketing pages on the festival website for details. Your vehicle may be searched by security personnel on entry to the festival car parks, in the car parks themselves or anywhere on the festival site.
- In 2023, no animals will be allowed onsite, with the exception of registered guide dogs and dogs belonging to working crew members who accept full responsibility at all times for dogs attending under their supervision.
- We promote a Leave No Trace ethos. Please use the litterbins and recycling points provided and take all of your belongings home with you at the event of the event.
- Please see our website for details of any prohibited items. These include drones, glass, illegal substances, unauthorised professional film or photo equipment or audio records, fireworks, flares, Chinese lanterns, weapons or items which may be used as a weapon, nitrous oxide canisters, portable laser equipment, personal sound systems and animals. Alcohol must comply with our limits for personal use – please see our FAQs for further information. You may only bring your allowance of alcohol in on first entry and this alcohol may only be consumed in the campsite.
- All those attending the festival do so at their own risk.
- Please note that excessive exposure to loud music may cause permanent hearing damage.
- Accessible facilities are available at the event – please refer to our website for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We operate a Challenge 25 policy for alcohol sales. If you are lucky enough to look under 25, you will not be served alcohol unless you can prove you are over 18 by presenting ID.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be subject to arbitration.
Secret Garden Party 2023 Accommodation Terms & Conditions
1. The Secret Garden Party 2023 Terms & Conditions of Sale & Entry are applicable to anyone staying in Boutique or Tilted Towers, in addition to the accommodation specific terms set out below.
2. By purchasing accommodation via www.secretgardenparty.com, you accept, and accept on behalf of your entire party, these Terms and Conditions and agree to share these terms with the rest of your party. You also confirm on behalf of your entire party that you have read and that you accept all of the information relating to your chosen accommodation option.
4. Accommodation bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable save in the event of a cancellation of the event or the accommodation by us.
5. We reserve the right to amend the pricing of accommodation at any time prior to receiving a booking. Prices shown on our website are only guaranteed at the point of making payment for a booking. We may need to amend pricing if there are unexpected changes in supplier costs or to correct errors on the site.
6. Access to Boutique camping and Tilted Towers is permitted only for those with an accommodation booking in that campsite and a festival ticket. You are not permitted to bring guests into the campsite who do not have the appropriate wristbands.
7. We cannot make changes to the configuration of accommodation – please check that the number of beds in your structure (where provided) are suitable for the number of guests. Beds cannot be added or removed.
8. We cannot guarantee that your accommodation will be next to or close to your friends.
9. Your booking is for accommodation only and does not include any food or drinks or guarantee access to any part of the festival or entertainment or services we may offer from time to time. We cannot guarantee the availability of workshops, restaurant reservations or the Boutique trolley service nor can we promise the absence of queues or a quiet campsite.
10. You and your guests agree not to tamper with or otherwise damage your accommodation structure or any of its contents. If there are issues with the accommodation or its contents, these must be notified to reception immediately upon arrival or you may be held liable for any related losses however caused. You agree not to smoke or use any naked flames within the accommodation, nor to use heating, cooking or other appliances within the accommodation.
11. The lead booker of the accommodation shall be liable for and agrees to indemnify us against the cost of any damage or loss caused to the accommodation or its contents.
12. From time to time, it may be necessary for us to amend or cancel accommodation bookings. We will try our best to avoid doing this and will notify you in the event that an amendment or cancellation becomes necessary. If you accept a change of accommodation, we shall have no liability to you for any difference in price between the two accommodation options. If we have to cancel your accommodation, we will provide you with a refund for the accommodation. In the event of a cancellation of your accommodation booking by us for any reason, we shall have no liability to you in respect of any other costs incurred by you in connection with the festival, whether related to travel, alternative accommodation, subsistence or loss of earnings. In any event, our liability to you shall be capped at the price paid for your accommodation. You shall have no right to cancel or receive a refund in the event that we need to change your accommodation and are able to offer you a higher standard of accommodation as an alternative.
13. We will not be liable to refund your accommodation in the event that you are evicted from the event for a breach of our Terms and Conditions of Sale & Entry.
14. We shall have no responsibility or liability to you for any loss, damage or theft of your belongings. All items are brought to the event at your own risk.
15. We reserve the right to refuse and refund any accommodation booking at our discretion and for any lawful reason and we are not obliged to provide you with an explanation for any such refusal.
16. In the event that you purchase accommodation for Secret Garden Party using a payment plan, our payment plan terms will also apply to your booking. These can be found here. The full balance for accommodation secured under the payment plan is due by 23:59 on 14 May 2023. If the full balance is not paid by the applicable deadline, no refunds will be made other than in the event of the cancellation of the Festival.
Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Tickets, Accommodation or Vehicle Passes by Payment Plan
- Tickets, accommodation and vehicle passes for The Secret Garden Party 2023 can be bought using a payment plan that allows eligible customers to pay for tickets, accommodation and passes over a number of payments (each an “instalment”).
- By opting to pay by payment plan, you will be charged a non-refundable instalment plan fee per ticket, accommodation option or vehicle pass.
- When you make a booking using our payment plan, your credit or debit card will be charged for the first instalment in the plan. You will then automatically be billed every month on the same day that you made the original purchase (including payment plan fees if applicable), until the full balance is paid.
- In the event that payment cannot be taken for an instalment, you will receive an automated email notification and the payment will be attempted two further times in one-week intervals. If all of the attempts to charge the card fail, you will need to update your card details and pay the remaining balance at www.secretgardenparty.com/bookings. Any alternative card must belong to, and be in the name of, the original purchaser.
- In the event that full payment for your booking has not been made by 23:59 on 14 May 2023, your booking will be cancelled and no refund will be owed to you.
- The transaction will be completed only once your payment of all instalments and fees have been processed and the total due paid in full.
- The payment plan requires that, at the time the first instalment is made, you make a full commitment to purchase the ticket, accommodation or vehicle pass and pay the full price plus applicable fees.
- It is recommended that you ensure that adequate funds are in place to process the payment of all instalments on the dates detailed above and that your credit or debit card does not expire before the final instalment can be charged.
- These special terms and conditions are in addition to our standard terms and conditions and accommodation terms and conditions above.